bunch

bunch

Friday, August 22, 2014

Have we lost our music?

Little kids adore dancing, love to sing, and hear orchestras in the banging of pots and pans and train whistles. Seriously, I've met a lot of children, and have never met one that doesn't. They're born absolutely in love with music. Even in the womb, babies react to it. Music that keeps in time with their mother's heartbeat will sooth them, even after they're born. (Apparently, my heart beats to the rhythm of Stevie Ray Vaughan guitar solos. My little ones loved them before and after their births. lol) Watching my children wiggle around the room to their favorite songs brings me so much joy. I imagine our Father in Heaven feels the same way watching His children. (I also believe God loves all styles of music, but that's another rant entirely.) Objects in motion tend to stay in motion, right? So as an adult, if you don't love to dance... if you don't sing on the top of your lungs when given the opportunity... then something made you stop. Such an honest tragedy. So take back your music, people. Love it. God gave it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment