bunch

bunch

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"Bohemoth Bug" :: AKA:: Sign #36885

Sign #36885 that something has broken inside my head... It's 8:30 in the morning (for those in other time zones), and the largest cicada in the state of Kentucky is trapped between my (torn - you can thank a stray cat for that one) window screen and my window. Toddler and I have been up since a little before seven, which isn't terribly early, but for some reason, the girls and husband are still asleep. (3yo redhead has been in our bed since about 2am, so maybe I can blame this whole thought process on sleep deprivation? Whatever. Anyway...) The boys have already gone to school, so they've saved themselves. All I can think about is capturing this behemoth bug, creeping into my 4yo daughter's room, shouting "RUN!!!! IT'S GUNNA EAT YOU!!!!" while holding it 6 inches from her face, and laughing hysterically at the outcome. Of course, then I'd have to calm her down, let her take a scientific look at the bug (so I could later claim it was a learning experience when questioned by social services), and take it into our bedroom to awaken my husband and the red-headed-bed-snatcher in the same way.
Yup. Mommy's snapped. 

 I'm not going to do it... but I feel like I should be rewarded brownie points for the incredible amount of restraint I'm showing. LOL

1 comment: